PREVIOUS TASTING ARCHIVE – NOVEMBER 2022
Historically, the lands around the Mediterranean Sea have included the most influential, and most important, wine producing countries. From its ancient origins in Lebanon and Greece, wine has lapped onto shores across southern Europe, the islands and North Africa. The Mediterranean enjoys perfect conditions for cultivation of the wine grape, which we will explore via six wines.
What we’ll taste
In this tasting we’ll venture to Lebanon, where high planted vineyards surprise with thier snowy winter conditions and the finesse that altitude brings. From France, two classic Mediterranean terroirs: Provence, and the Languedoc close to Montpellier. We’ll taste a rosé and a white of terrific quality, using classic regional varieties.
Our next stop is Spain, and two fabulous reds. From Jumilla on the southeast coast, a high-altitude Monastrell, then from 600 kilometres west in Andalusia, a barrel-aged table wine from cult Sherry producer, Fernando de Castilla. Finally, it is the Med, so we have to make and island stop, and that island is Corsica. From here we’ll taste an organic-certified white made from the island’s ace white wine grape, Vermentino.
The case of six high-quality wines is priced £65 plus delivery, which is a saving of over £16 on their normal retail price, discounted exclusively for attendees at this tasting.
The tasting is split over two consecutive Thursday evenings. We’ll open three bottles per night, but they’ll drink well through the weekend, so nothing will be wasted!
How does it work?
- Tasting tickets and wines are purchased separately
- The ticket price is per household, not per person
- The ticket covers both sessions
- After you purchase your ticket, you’ll see a link to buy the wines
- We’ll make a recording of each session in case you miss one
- You may attend without buying the wines.
Price is £65.
- Domaine Les Caizergues, Blanc (Languedoc)
- Domaine Fiumicicoli, Corse Sartène (Corsica)
- Ch. St Pierre, Tradition Rose (Provence)
- Paco Mulero, Pedrera Monastrell (Jumilla)
- Huerta de Albala, Barbazul (Cadiz)
- Dom. Tourelles, Cinsault Vieilles Vignes (Lebanon)